Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Climbing the Steps!!!

Well, I didn't believe it until I saw it. Last night while I was closing at work I got an IM on the Blackberry from Sandy. "Little bit just climbed the steps..UH-O!". I called Sandy and apparently Kaleigh was able to climb the steps(2 steps) out of the bonus room and make it into the upstairs hallway. After struggling on Monday, Tuesday was the magic day. After weeks of every effort in her body to climb out of the bonus room, she made it! I guess this means the baby gates go up. Tonight after dinner, I couldn't wait to get Kaleigh upstairs and see for myself. Sure enough, she climbed out of the room faster then I could have imagined. I had to get the camcorder out to film this milestone. I put her back done into the bonus room and filmed the fastest baby in the southeast...Wow! She was up and out before I knew. I was so proud of her. Kaleigh is making developmental leaps everyday. It amazes me quickly she progressing with her motor skills. It is truly something to be in awe about. I think back to China almost 8 weeks ago, and how Kaleigh could barely even sit up or hold her head up. Now she is climbing steps, pulling herself up on anything she can grab, and crawls on her knees blazing trails through the house. I love this stuff!

2 comments:

Momma P said...

Oh how exciting Brent!!! Your post makes me even more excited to meet your little lady:)

Jford said...

I remember that exact days my oldest boys became mobile! I had them sitting down in the floor and I was eating cereal. I went to the kitchen leaving my bowl on the floor and when I got back, Jake had his hand in my Cheerios! lol