Friday, December 11, 2009

One year ago.......

It is so hard to believe that it was just a year ago that we were anxiously waiting to find out about our little Kaleigh. Our social worker was off that afternoon that referrals came out so we didn't get the information until Dec 12th. I remember crying all the way home from a meeting while driving in the snow because everyone around me got "the call" that day. However, after a sleepless night of wondering what if.....the next day December 12th we not only found out about Kaleigh but we saw her face for the very first time. She looked so sweet but so very serious. I remember telling Brent that I couldn't wait to make her smile. For those of you who know her, you know she is a very happy little girl and nothing like the serious baby in those photos. It is strange to think about it now and how much our lives have changed in this past year. Christmas last year was hard because we knew who she was and it hurt to celebrate without her and this year we are so excited because she is finally with us. I hope she knows one day how much she has brought to our lives and how very happy she has made us. Every time someone tells me what special people we are or how lucky she is that we adopted her I smile and say thank you, but the truth is we feel honored to have been blessed with such a wonderful gift as our daughter and we feel lucky to have her.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can't believe it's been a year!