Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Doctor's Appointment

Well, let me start first by saying that the doctor seemed pleased with Kaleigh today. He was not all that concerned with her weight and said to let her put it on at her own rate. He gave to ok to start switching to whole milk and to start trying any foods other than the things like peanuts and popcorn. He also said to make sure that we are giving her water for thirst between meals. Brent and I had talked about that on the way to the appointment but he answered it before we could ask. We then proceeded to give three injections one in one thigh and two in the other and a tb skin test in her arm. She stoped crying as soon as I picked her up other than the sniffels. She cried more when he looked in her ears which by the way you will all be surprised to hear look great. We then proceeded to the lab to have a bunch of blood drawn, that was the hardest part of the day for her because it lasted for a couple of minutes and wasn't over in a second or two. By the time I got her home and gave her a bottle and got her changed and dosed with tylenol she was fine and ready to go for a walk with mommy and the neighbors. Unfortunately the doctor's appointment caused her to miss her afternoon nap and she fell asleep around 6:45 or so. We decided to let her sleep because she would not wake up she would just cry with her eyes closed. We were going to wake her up at 8 and feed her and keep her up a couple of hours and then back to bed (we made progress last night and wanted to continue). Lets just say that she woke up just enough to have her bottle and was a limp noodle. No possibility of keeping her awake.

She woke me up about 12:30 or so just moaning and I got up to check on her and realized that she has the expected fever from the shots and is obviously in pain by the way she is moving her little legs. So I have given her more tyenol and she us now laying in her crib crying off and on with her legs pulled up under her. So the doctor has disrupted her new sleep schedule but the crying has almost stopped so I guess the tyenol is working.

Anyway my new technique for sleeping better is when she cries during the night I don't get her up I simply stand by her crib and rub her back until she falls back to sleep. I discovered that if I get her up she thinks it is play time and rubbing her back relaxes her enough to get her back to sleep for at least a couple more hours.

Anyway I will let everyone know how we end up surviving the night!

No comments: