Sunday, March 1, 2009

More shopping!
















Today was almost a free day. Our guide went to the consulate for us with all of our paperwork and we just had to check in by noon to make sure there were no problems and since we didn't hear anything it looks like we will be back in the states as scheduled. Honestly China is a facinating country and I have enjoyed my time here but we are so ready to be home. Taking care of a baby who barely knows who you are in a hotel room is not the easiest thing. As you should be able to tell by how exhausted we look. Yes I have read the comments of no makeup, lets just say it is easier to keep your face clean without the extra mess of makeup when you can't use the tap water to wash your face with. However, I don't think the water bothters the locals because Kaleigh LOVES to splash in the tub and ends up with water everywhere and she hasn't gotten sick yet. For those of you who are following because you are on the same journey please note that the Barbies the White Swan gives out are no more. They placed there last order and found out that the factory that makes them is here and they have closed. They have our names and say they will ship them to us if they end up getting them but I am not counting on it at this point. Yes, I am a little disappointed but otherwise I have exactly what I came to China for, my daughter, and by the way she even seems to like me already!!! We did take her to the Swan Room last night to play and she had a blast!!!!

No comments: